Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My father told me, "You are going to have an abortion..."

There were a handful of people standing silently praying while watching a woman cut across the empty parking lot of the Planned Parenthood abortion facility. She directed her steps towards them.

She had an appointment at one of the other medical offices nearby. This was the first time she had been to this medical office park ... now invaded by Planned Parenthood, by abortion. She had something to say:

"I was only a teenager when I became pregnant.  I told my parents. My father, said, 'You have to have an abortion. You are going to have an abortion, and he wouldn't change his mind. I was basically told I would be kicked out...."  Her voice broke a little bit, then she went on. 

"My mom wouldn't even let me use the car to go to school. I only had 2 weeks left to finish up school!   They told me I had brought shame on the family [not married, mix-raced child, etc.].  The relationship [with the baby's father] was already pretty much over, but his family let me stay with them for awhile. I shared a room with one of his sisters," and she shook her head, "His sisters really didn't like me."

And then big tears filled her eyes and she said, "God just took care of everything. God took care of everything.  My son is now in his thirties. After he was born, I married and I have [other children] too. I was determined that all of my kids would turn out well."  And then she shared with us about her now grown children and grandbaby!  "NOW those kids are so protective of me! Especially the boys. They don't want anything bad happening to their mom!" And then she smiled.
 
Finally, she shared, "Just a few years before my father died, we were finally able to reconcile."

Before she left, she handed one of the sidewalk counselors her business card. "I want to help other people. I want to tell them... God will take care of everything."

<><
 
Heavenly Father, we thank you for this dear precious soul, for her courage, for her trust in You, for guiding her through the difficulties of her life, for all the graces poured out upon her and her family, for all the blessings you have bestowed upon her, for her willingness to open her heart and share with others and to help them. We thank you Holy Triune God for her and all those whose she has helped along the way to trust YOU. May she, may all of us, continue to grow in our faith and trust in You through the power of the Holy Spirit and through the Love of Your Son for us and for all mankind.
 Amen.

<><




No comments:

Post a Comment