Not enough good things can be said about the men who have have diligently committed themselves to praying during the late night vigil hours (most of whom are Knights of Columbus devoted to the cause of life!). One Knight reported:
"We had good coverage last night... my Brother Knight arrived at 7 pm and stayed till 10 pm. I arrived with another Knight at around 8:30 pm and stayed till about 12:30 am. We pushed to make the "Knight Owl" designation!! (An honor for those who stand vigil for 4 hours or more) .
While there, a women drove by and asked my Brother Knight if that was an abortion clinic behind him, and when he said "yes", she answered, "good - I was looking for one", and sped off. (Lord have Mercy - prayers needed!) But later, a nice young couple pulled up to the drive and asked if they could do anything for us. They had their baby with them who could not have been more than a couple months old. The couple told us they lived in the area and appreciated all that 40 Days for Life is doing. They attend a non-denominational church and couldn't help but stop and see if we needed help that night. It was great to see firsthand that we are also making an impact in the community, and that others want to join us in this effort."
- + + +
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- (The Prayer of Saint Francis)