Sunday, October 24, 2010

Running the Race

"As for me, my life is already being poured away as a libation, and the time has come for me to depart. I have fought the good fight to the end; I have run the race to the finish; I have kept the faith; all there is to come for me now is the crown of uprightness which the Lord, the upright judge, will give to me on that Day; and not only to me but to all those who have longed for his appearing. The first time I had to present my defence, no one came into court to support me. Every one of them deserted me -- may they not be held accountable for it. But the Lord stood by me and gave me power, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed for all the gentiles to hear; and so I was saved from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from all evil attempts on me, and bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen."  - 2 Tim 4: 6-18

This reading today at Church reminded me of "running the race" of 40 Days for Life. 

We are just one week away from the end of the 40 Days for Life campaign, and at one meeting, our leadership team shared how the Lord was sustaining us and continuing to give us his energy.  What was a huge fire -- in anticipation of the start of the campaign & Kickoff Rally -- is now a 'mature,' on-going, simmering fire, if you will, sustained by prayer and the prayers of those who continue to come out to the vigil site and those in personal prayer for our precious unborn and their parents.

In other words, there are still many graces and much peace to experience.  And while we ourselves may be bit tired, we lean on those who continue to pray fervently, petitioning Our Lord.

We lean on God, because He is the one who will ensure that we finish the race.  We need not depend on ourselves to finish well -- He is running right alongside of us, guiding us to the finish line.
  • Who would've ever thought 3,000+ prayer volunteers would come to join us in prayer, from all walks of life in Christ?
  • Who would've ever thought so many women would come to know about a post-abortive healing program?
  • Who would've ever thought that 12 lives (THUS FAR!) would've been saved?
Just a week away, we pause to marvel at all God has done.  We know that it hasn't been us and our grand plans, but He who has worked through us, to change hearts & minds in the City of Dallas and -- no doubt -- beyond.

And the truth be known -- we will never see the full impact of this campaign in Dallas until, God-willing, we are rejoicing with Him in Heaven.  We have no idea the hearts & minds that were stirred as they drove by...the people led to another local crisis pregnancy center when they witnessed the prayer presence...the women & families who were getting ready to get in the turn lane to make their morning appointment at the late-term abortion center, and saw the prayer presence, and changed their minds & pulled away!  We have yet to discover all that God has done through 40 Days for Life-Dallas, as well as the campaigns throughout the world.  But this is the exciting part!  What we do know is that God is the foundation of all that has been done and will be done through our prayers and witness. 

Be encouraged -- God is moving mightily: he is saving lives, bringing people to repentance, healing post-abortive women & families, and changing hearts & minds all around our nation.  Let us rejoice & be glad! 

Ask yourself this question: what can you to do to petition & pray for an end to abortion during this last week of 40 Days for Life?  Won't you help us cover another hour at the vigil?  Or go out in the early morning hours before the abortion center opens?  Or bring some friends out to join you in meditation & group prayer?  What will you do?

Let us finish this last week well.

No comments:

Post a Comment